Welcome to my life

I hope that you enjoy reading about my life and things that go on in my world. I pray that my thoughts are encouraging and uplifting to you in some way. If I happen to have a day when things are not always so pleasant, please, I ask forgiveness ahead of time for being such a wet blanket. May God bless you richly.

Who am I?

I am a Christian woman trying to be the best I can be for the Lord. I am the wife of a wonderful Christian husband (Matt) of 20 years. I am the mother of five children. Three wonderfully sweet boys, Sean age 17, Joshua age 13, and Nathaniel age 4. On December 2, 2015 we adopted 16 twins Chris and Destiny. God and my family are the most important things in my life.

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Weight Loss Update: Week 59 1/2

This week has been a constant loss for me except for one little hick-up of a .4 gain one day.  Other than that it has been all down hill.  I think this is one time when down hill is a good thing.  I wont keep you in suspense any longer though.

I have again reached my lowest weight of 200.4.  Not much more and I will be below 200.  If I can keep myself from eating too much pasta at the Teachers Appreciation Dinner tonight then I might actually make it this weekend.  How exciting that will be to weigh under 200 lbs.

There could be a slight catch to my weight loss journey.  Something that will eventually slow it down for a while.  I found our recently that I am pregnant.  Yes you read it right.  I am going to have a BABY!  So you see why I say that eventually my weight loss will stop.  Who know when though.  I am not worried about it at all.  I figure I'll just keep eating healthy like I've been doing and exercising the same until it gets uncomfortable then I will have to do some adjustments. 

I don't think I will have to make many changes when it comes to my exercise.  I already made one change by starting to swim.  That is something that I should be able to continue through out the pregnancy.

I am super excited about the whole thing and look forward to seeing how this will effect my weight loss.  Who knows, I may come out of this whole thing weighing less than I did going in.  You never know, it could happen. With my second pregnancy(Joshua) I lost weight in the first few months and wasn't eating nearly as healthy as I am now.  I did do water aerobic for the first few months but then I had to stop because I no longer had access to the class.

Since I am overweight I am not suppose to gain as much weight as if I was normal weight.  I believe it's somewhere between 15-25lbs.  So I am going to keep doing what I'm doing.  I know one thing.  If people start telling me that I need to eat more because I'm eating for two or being pregnant is an excuse to eat whatever I want.  I think I might scream.

I've been there done that and all it got me was a fat me and big babies.  I want my pregnancy to be healthy. I am so glad that I started this health journey a year ago.  I feel like this past year has been preparing me for the moment.  I am so thankful for that.  I thank God for this wonderful blessing.

Now a new journey begins.

2 comments:

Kara said...

You've been doing so great, and we're so excited about another baby joining the family.

I've read that in the first trimester you don't really need to change your eating much, but in the 2nd and 3rd you're just supposed to add 300 calories to your daily food intake. It can definitely be 300 more calories of the healthy food you already eat.

(Of course with twins that was 600 calories for me which was actually really hard to do)

Kathryne (Reeves) Lee said...

Thanks Kara! Yes I've read that before but actually those 300 extra calories are for women of normal weight. When you are overweight like I am the calories needed are less just like the weight gain should be less. I personally think we worry to much about the extra calorie thing. I think I just need to eat when I get hungry and be sure to eat what is good for me and the baby.

Wouldn't it be fun to have two sets of twins in the family. Probably wont happen though.

My Book List

  • Notes From a Blue Bike: The Art of Living Intentionally in a Chaotic World by Tsh Oxenreider
  • The Divine Conspiracy by Dallas Willard
  • The 7 Spiritual Habits That Will Change Your Life Forever by Adam Houge
  • Wife After God: Drawing Closer to God and Your Husband by Jennifer Smith
  • 7: An Experimental Mutiny Against Excess by Jen Hatmaker
  • Under the Tuscan Sun by Frances Mayes
  • Interrupted: When Jesus Wrecks Your Comfortable Christianity by Jen Hatmaker
  • Ribbons of Steel: A Promise of Tomorrow Book 3 by Judith Pella
  • Ribbons of Steel: A Hope Beyond Book 2 by Judith Pella
  • Ribbons of Steel: Distant Dreams Book 1 by Judith Pella
  • Fervent by Priscilla Shirer
  • Why We Get Fat by Gary Taubes
  • Simple Secrets to a Beautiful Home by Emily Barnes
  • For Women Only by Shaunti Christine Feldhahn
  • Have a New Kid By Friday by Kevin Leman
  • The 10 Best Decisions Every Parent Can Make by Bill and Pam Farrel
  • Sheet Music by Kevin Leman
  • It Starts at Home by Kurt Bruner
  • Sacred Marriage
  • Boundaries by Dr. Henry Cloud & Dr. John Townsend
  • Boys Should Be Boys by Meg Meeker, M.D.
  • Dave Ramsey's financial Peace Revisited
  • Dave Ramsey's My Total Money Makeover
  • Eat to Live by Dr. Joel Fuhrman
  • For Women Only by Shaunti Feldhahn
  • QBQ: The Question Behind the Question
  • Raising a Modern Day Joseph by Larry Fowler
  • Recreate by Ron Luce
  • The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen R. Covey
  • The Five Love Langrages by Gary Chapman
  • The Power of Praying Through the Bible by Stormy Omartian